Dr. S. AYYAPPAN,Consultant Surgical Oncologist
- Director, Madras Cancer Care Foundation
- Founder Trustee of Cancer Research and Relief Trust
- Founder Trustee of Cancare Foundation
- Best Doctor Awardee - The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR University
- M.B.B.S. and M.S. General Surgery , Madras Medical College.
- M.Ch. Surgical Oncology, Dr. Muthulakshmi College of Oncological Siences, The Cancer Institute (W.I.A.) Adyar
- Association of Surgeons of India.
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncologist.
- Member of Chennai city Oncologist Society.
- Fellow of Association of Minimal access Surgeons of India.
Advanced laparoscopic procedures in Oncology, like laparoscopic Abdomino perineal resection, laparoscopic Anterior resection for rectal cancers, laparoscopic colectomies for cancer colon. Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy for cancer cervix &cancer endometrium.Limb Salvage surgeries by custom mega prosthesis for osteosarcoma of the extremities. Treatment for breast and gynecological malignancies.
- One of the first laparoscopic surgeon in the country to do laparoscopic radical hysterectomy in the year 2003
- One of the first laparoscopic surgeon in the country to do laparoscopic abdominoperineal resection in the year 2004
- Breast and Gynecology cancer
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Laparoscopic Gynec procedures
- Musculoskeletal tumors/limb salvage surgery
- Uro oncology
- Gastrointestinal Laparoscopy
- Live demonstration of laparoscopic abdominoperineal junction in the intestinal colorectal conference conducted at Hyderabad in the month of April 2009
- Live demonstration of laparoscopic APR in the oncosurgery conducted at Kidwai Hospital, Bangalore in June 2009
- Live demonstration of radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy in the national Gynec Oncology conference conducted at Coimbatore in June 2008.
Chyle Leak Following Neck Dissections-Cancer Institute Experience presented at Associations of Surgeons of Indian, Conference Tamil Nadu Pondicherry chapter, January 99, Chennai.
- Poster-A Reappraisal of criteria for limb salvage surgery for limb Osteosarcoma at ISO 1999 New Delhi.
- Participated as faculty in the “National Update on Gyn Oncology” 19th – 21st May 2006 at GKNM Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Panelist at a CME programme on Gastric Cancer conducted by the ASI Chennai Chapter on 19th October 2006
- Author of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Colon. Jun. 99; Indian Journal of Cancer.
- Co-author of Chyle Leak following neck Dissection. December 99 Indian Journal of Cancer
- Co-author in a chapter in the book “Thyroid Cancer An Indian Perspective
- Co-author in Type 1 (11;22)(q24:q12) translocation is common in Ewings sarcoma/PNET in south Indian patients J.Biosciences 30(3),371-376,2006